Imagine that--still no snow today. I am relieved to see the weather reports look good for Madison, WI later this week. To fly north in the winter seems like a dicey plan. I need to start packing today. We will see if I can do it in secret.
I really need to take the time to find a chiropractor. I have a list of them in the area who take my insurance, but I don't have the gumption to start calling.
My grandmother's husband's funeral is Wednesday. Just got an email about it last night. My cousin thought I might come. Sure, with two days notice. Two of my cousins (Aunt Marie's kids)will be there but I am not close enough to them to make an effort to see them.
I have such a weird family. I have first cousins I have never met. And an uncle I haven't met. I wrote them all a few years back, but never heard anything from the cousins. The uncle's wife sent me an email saying she'd write me and tell me about their life, but she never did. Weird family. I have second cousins in Colorado from my father's side and then Aunt Marie, who is my mother's half-brother's wife and that is about it for family.
I got in touch with a first cousin on my father's side a few years back. She lives in Connecticut in my paternal grandmother's former home. When I went out to see Aunt Marie with the kids a few years back, I wanted to stop and see her and I thought it would be neat to see my grandmother's house. She got weird on me and wouldn't let me come to the house. She said she would meet me somewhere else, but not at the house. When I first called her, I talked to her adult son. I explained who I was and that I remembered when he was born. He replied, "Oh yeah? Well, then tell me when my birthday is." Weird people. I finally gave up on her.
Well, that is enough about Rena's weird family tree for this morning.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment