Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Looong Night

My back felt much better yesterday, but as soon as I got in bed, it was really overwhelming. It just feels like a knife is going in my sacrum. Dan finally figured to put the futon mattress on the floor and that was where I slept. I guess I need something much firmer than my mattress. Glad he figured it out because I was starting to get loony. The thought of not being able to get comfortable enough to sleep freaks me out.

I have always had mattress issues. We bought a Select Comfort one when we moved to Wisconsin. That never did anything for me, so after about six years we bought an expensive pillow top that I hated from the start. I just don't know which direction to go with it. Every once in a while I will sleep on a mattress that feels good, in a hotel--you'd think with all my problems, I would offer to buy it (or sneak it in my suitcase). Aunt Marie has a pull-out couch that I am sure is older than me and I slept great on it when we went to visit. Go figure.

Anyway, I will go to the chiropractor today and try to figure out how the futon on the floor is going to fit into my life. I can't really have the frame just sitting in the living room. I have been thinking it might be time to go couch shopping, anyway, even though we aren't close to working on the living room. Who knows.

Addie slept until 9:00 yesterday and was shooting for it again today, but I woke him up and told him we need to get him back on schedule.

Something was trying hard to get into my cat food bin two nights ago. We need to move the cat food down by the dogs, I think. Mama Kitty isn't scared of them, but hopefully whatever else is wanting to eat her food will be.

Dan got the greenhouse plastic up yesterday and put the thermometer in. This morning it was colder inside the greenhouse than outside! It is cloudy and rainy today, so it won't warm up much. There is some tweaking left to do to the greenhouse and then I will put in my heater and warm it up.

Nothing has happened on the house lately because of his trip and all the little jobs needing attention. He has to get the trim up in Alec's room still and then I think we are going to work on bringing the washer dryer down stairs. I think. Oh, he needs to finish the log bed. Lots to do. I told him yesterday he ought to switch to part time at work! HA!!

No comments: