Friday, January 16, 2009

Field Trip Friday II

We are going to a South Carolina History Museum with a lady from church and her 16 year old daughter. I wonder if my five year old or the sixteen year old are less excited.

Evan told me he was totally bored while he was emptying the trash cans this morning. I asked him how exciting he expected emptying trash to be. "Not at all. I just wanted you to know I was bored."

I just got an email that my grandmother's husband died. She died about five years back. He was a lot younger than she was and took care of her; she was 96 when she died. I sort of toyed with the idea of sticking everyone in the car and heading up to Vermont but I talked to Aunt Marie in Maine and she isn't going to go, so there wouldn't be too much reason to go. We would have to be home by next Friday for Adam to get up to Father/Son Camp. I really didn't know him very well at all. I wrote him regularly, but didn't hear back very often. He was definitely an odd duck, but most people related to me in any way are, so no surprise there. He had two daughters, but apparently they didn't talk to him and weren't planning on going to the funeral. Enough of that.

Feeling sorry for all you frozen people in Wisconsin, if that helps at all.

No comments: