Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday with Just Us Four

Evan was funny this morning. He told me I had made a funny sound. I asked when. He said, "Well, when I heard it, of course." Makes sense. Then, I told him we needed to look for the pancake recipe because Alec and Ian wanted to make us pancakes. He said, "OK, you look on the right and I'll look on the left."

We watched the dumbest movie last night. It was called Space Chimps. Ev started acting funny and I thought he was scared of the movie or was just tired. He told me this morning he was sad because he missed Adam. Poor guy.

My winter wheat is finally coming up. We had thrown the old green house plastic on part of the garden and it really sprouted in that section. The other plants I have out there under cover don't seem to be doing much. At least they are still alive.

The two kittens we had seemed to have the same thing the other one had. Lulu was starting to get skinny like the other one. We decided to put them down before they suffered a long drawn out death. So, we just have mama kitty. She seems perfectly healthy. We have never had a problem with a sick litter. I have been to farms where all the cats just look terrible, but ours have always been healthy. I wonder if Lulu came to our house with something. She looked fine, but the problem started after we moved here and she came to live with us as soon as we moved. Anyway, we will disinfect everything and assume mama kitty will meet a southern tom and babies will come in the spring.

Dan said he would try to climb out of the valley to call us today. Hope they weren't too cold last night!

No comments: