I am very happy with the resolution I made about not wasting energy on fruitless relationships. I was surprised to see how much time I put into them. Today, I came up with two more resolutions I think would improve the quality of my life. Here they are:
#1 Stop watching and reading the news. When was the last time you watched the news and learned something that was really useful to your life? Other than when the storm was supposed to hit, I can't think of any. It just frustrates me and it is time to stop.
#2 Stop going to Walmart. We had such a nice Walmart in Menomonie. It was clean and well stocked and the people working there were reasonably friendly. The one closest to me down here is so poorly stocked, I can't believe it. I looked for socks for Adam today and they hardly had any--just a big empty wall display. And the people are so unfriendly. The greeters don't even talk to you. I tried the one in Anderson, about 20 miles away, and it is no better. The last time I was there, we waited in line longer than I am sure I have ever waited in line in my life in a store. Dan called while we were leaving and asked where I was. I told him Hell. I was close. I feel like I ought to shop there because they do tend to have lower prices in general and I am not one to run to this store for their deal on two things and then to that store for their deal on two other things. But, enough. I can hardly get out of a Walmart here without using bad language, so it is time to stop going there.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment