Thursday, January 29, 2009

Unwelcomed Guest

I was worried a skunk was eating the cat food, but we figured it out--it is a basset hound! The little boys were on the tramp and he came in the yard. This stupid, stupid dog would not leave the property. Alec stung it with the BB gun with no response and swacked it with a broom. It just rolled on it's back in submission but wouldn't leave. We all went inside and then five minutes later I see it come up and start eating the cat food. It had a collar with no tags (not even the rabies one). I told Alec to shoot it with the BB gun as hard (you adjust it by how many pumps you give it) as he could. I'm not feeding someone's dog.

I ran an errand today and almost ran over a little dog--I have never seen so many lap dogs running loose. Actually, I don't think I have ever seen a lap dog running loose before I moved here. When Ev and I were walking the other day, we had a tiny little black fluffy thing follow us home. We couldn't get that one to leave, either.

My greenhouse is now at 103 degrees! Ya think I need to work at getting it regulated??

No comments: