Well, it didn't snow last night, but they are sure we will get three inches by tomorrow morning. Can't believe how much those folks get paid to not get the weather forecast correct.
My greenhouse plastic came today. As Alec was unpacking it, Adam asked if he could watch (he was supposed to be doing something else). I told him it wasn't very interesting. After watching Al unpack it, Adam said, "You know Mom, you were right. That wasn't very interesting." Love that kid. We got the old plastic off, the weeds cut down and the floor tarp put down. We needed to move on to other things, but will hopefully get the plastic cover on tomorrow.
I have been hemming and hawing about whether or not the kids would be watching the inauguration. I decided it was worth watching, regardless of the person being inaugurated, or coronated, as this one feels. Being that it is MLK, Jr. Day, may I just point out that nobody ever seems to discuss the content of his man's character, but ONLY the color of his skin??! The older kids have even picked that up from watching the news. We do not see this as a historical event, at all. We could not care less what color he is. We pray for him, because the bible says we should , but we ain't impressed.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment