Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lavender and Doctors and Bees

Well, I am so happy to say I finally have a few lavender seeds sprouted. I didn't know how long they took to sprout--obviously a lot longer than whatever else I am growing. Still no papaya. The cassabanana is beautiful, already. I am getting my peat pots in the mail Friday (I love UPS tracking) so I can transplant some things and then start new plants in their spots. I love starting seeds.

Addie has his check up today. He is at the age where he talks so much. He told the doctor so many stories. We stopped at Whole Foods Market afterwards and bought beautiful eggs that looked just like ours--all different colors and sizes. They were obscenely expensive, but they are beautiful. Chicks coming in about four weeks. Need to set them up a home in the garage.

Dan and Alec got the top half of his room painted last night. Two different colors going on with a border in the middle. Top color looks great. Dan does plan to put down his floor this weekend. We are going to do hardwood. We have only refinished hardwood or laid laminate, so this will be new.

He found a local place to order bees from and found the local bee keeper group. They have a meeting tonight--I am hoping he goes. It will be nice to touch base with other nuts, um... I mean beekeepers.

No comments: