Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Digging Out Has Begun

Well, been thinking about what I can do right now to work my way out of my little pit and have come up with a few good ideas. They seem obvious but when I feel so poorly, it is hard to get myself to do things I know will make me feel better. Wanna hear them?

As simple as this sounds, I need to keep the house cleaner. It is such a dump, it seems silly to take time to keep it up. But I need to clean it as if it were in the shape I want it to be in. Just being in the habit of doing so will help me feel better. I need to work on my schedule to make sure I keep it up regularly.

I also need to get outside everyday. I am just not the outdoorsy type and it is easy for me to not spend time outside. I know, though, I feel better when I spend time in the fresh air.

I think we need to start having regular field trips. I don't know if once a week or every other week will work, but we need to go exploring more. I pulled back from that in the last few years when gas got so expensive but it is cheap now and it is silly to be in a new area and not explore more.

I need to exercise more. I started doing my pregnancy aerobics but quit while Dan was home. He is setting up a DVD player in our room so I can do it without an audience. I also am far enough along I can start the pregnancy yoga DVD. Stretching always makes me feel better. And the dog walking went by the wayside while Dan was home working. We just play with them in the yard but the walk is good for all of us.

I need to get some tables set up with my sewing machine and my jewelry making stuff. I need to pull out my punch needle stuff, also. I have all the making to do a punch needle of Kitty Cat (!!) but I haven't even started it. It is something I can do when I am feeling poorly and just sitting around.

Well, I suppose that is enough for now. I am going to Home Depot today to buy the paint for my craft room and look for peat pots to replant my artichokes. Their garden center is open year round. They actually have some flowers for sale right now.

I think the drywall is almost ready to prime downstairs.

No comments: