Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oops

I didn't mean to post this post earlier. I meant to save a draft to add to later. I am so flaky.

Evan and I went to the midwife's today. Uneventful, except she gave a me maternity shirt she found at Goodwill's "By-The-Pound" store. Do they have those elsewhere? You just put your stuff in a bag and pay by weight. Cool.

I couldn't figure out how to pack, yesterday, without Adam knowing. If clothes were missing out of his dresser, I know that stinker would notice. So, I told him about his trip. He was certainly quite excited. He helped me pack, although we need to do some revising. They have to bring bedding, towels, swimming stuff and pillows. That is a lot to get in suitcases.

I had my third attempt at making 7 grain bread. I added more gluten and a little dough enhancer and it turned out fine this time.

I found a Creative Memories lady who holds scraps. I will try to go to one next month. I emailed 5 different scrappin' up ladies and only one wrote me back.

I got a call from my insurance company (who will not pay for homebirths). Apparently, 3M pays for a prenatal program. You get assigned a nurse who will help you with pregnancy questions and try to monitor high risk issues. I would not have agreed to it, but they give you $50 to join, so what the heck. I can be bought. I talked to the gal for an hour.

I haven't gained any weight yet, for the record. Also, for the record, I certainly don't need one ounce of extra weight, so this is a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I did the program with the younger kids. They send you out a maternity book too and coupons to get either a highchair or carseat at a great price. A nurse will call a couple of times. Glad to hear your appointments are going well.