Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Stuff

Oh, the things that makes us happy--here is the thing that thrilled me today: I decided to take a different way home from church and not two miles from church, I found a Tractor Supply Store. That is the closest thing we have to Fleet Farm (also know as the Man Mall). We needed chicken starter feed and I thought I'd have to drive 30 or 40 miles to the one I had found in some town I can't even remember, but there is actually one we will be right by once a week. This is fabulous!

Also fabulous is the pizza party at church next Friday. This is the first even outside of the Sunday service they've had since we started attending.

There was another really good thing, but I already forgot. Maybe I will ramble here for a bit and it will come back to me.

I got a book on growing in greenhouses. I was looking through it, I decided I need to start more flowers. I think I'll wait until I get the stuff I have out to the greenhouse, first.

Oh, the other great thing is the Bible Bee. It is a national bee, like spelling or geography one. The first prize for the teen aged group is $100,000. Yowzer. Alec is excited.

And then the other, other great thing is there is a new home school group starting in Greenville. I joined their email loop. I am actually in touch with other homeschoolers again. Yeah!

Talked to Dan. Their camp is officially over, but they are spending another night and flying out tomorrow. He asked if there was some work he could do, but they invited them to join the activities of a church group that is coming later today. They were ice skating when I called. Our old cell phone carrier didn't come in down in the valley but our new one does. Anyway, Adam likes ice skating.

Have you gone through that thing were your little kids get upset they can't participate in communion, so they tell you they are a Christian? Ev has been like that. Today he told me he was a Christian because he didn't do Halloween. Funny kid.

I am going to go play with my flowers now.

No comments: