Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Chores and NASA and Braces

Took Ian to his check up this morning. They asked me the same thing they did with Adam--if he was involved in sports and other outside activities. I said, "No, he just does a lot of chores." People actually seem to be very respectful of homeschooling down here, but they always seem to ask if we are involved in coop classes. I tried those and found them to not be helpful in our academic pursuits. There are a lot of them down here. In fact, the two hs groups in our town of Easley are both coops.

On the way home, Ian told me he wanted to work for NASA. He is studying astronomy this year and really enjoys it. I told him that was fine and that he need to look into what kind of classes he would need to focus on. I also told him I thought that would mean he would have to live in either Florida or Texas and explained that meant his children wouldn't know their grandparents or cousins very well. He got very upset with me. Just trying to prepare him. He has told me before he wants to live right by me so his kids can go over to their grandma's house whenever they want.

Alec goes in to get his braces put on in a couple of hours. I will have to post a picture later. Anyone who has been through this and has tips for me, they would be appreciated. I get kind of emotional about it. I am not sure if I just feel bad for the discomfort he is going to deal with or that my baby is growing up or what my problem is.

No comments: