Remember the friend who doesn't think old gals should have kids? We will call her B. B sent me a very nice Christmas present (homemade socks--she is very talented) but we still have not talked on the phone since she found out about the pregnancy and was hurt to not be told personally. OK, keep her in mind.
I just got an email from the gal who bought our house in Elk Mound. We will call her Mrs. G. Mrs G is a teacher for something called hypno birthing. She told me she delivered all three of her kids without pain in childbirth. Freaky. She has been meaning to send me the book to read. This is where my two worlds collided.
B works for the post office. She worked in Menomonie today where Mrs. G brought the book to mail to me. And guess who helped her. B saw my name on the package and asked Mrs. G how she knew me and if she knew I was expecting. Mrs. G said she'd had known for some time about the baby. That would be when B had a fit that she was my best friend and she just found out through the holiday letter (she is not my best friend) and why had I told Mrs. G so long before I told B. Oh my. Mrs. G said she tried to explain she was a childbirth coach and that was why I told her. I feel bad she kind of got caught in the midst of it, but I had to howl with laughter at God's timing in all that. Will let you know how that first phone call with B goes. I did actually call her yesterday but didn't hear back.
On to other things. Alec and Adam are making banana nut brownies (yuck) using my Nintendo cooking tutor. Addie really wanted to make them but I feel horrible today so I got Alec to help. I feel tired and nauseous and yucky. I did get my room organized and got the winter wheat planted, but my people are on their own for dinner. I clocked out for the day.
Dan tilled over by the chicken coop and I planted some seed over there, also. We decided to make two runs and switch them over back and forth so we can get some things growing on one side for them to eat while they are in the other side. I can't stand letting chickens run free but you need to have them in a place where they can consistently find bugs and plants to get those nice orange egg yolks.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment