OK, so what I had a chili dog for breakfast?? SO??
Got home with all that grain. Need to get back to making bread every day. Good grief. I am having a hard time getting a shower in every day. Will, have to work on this. The grain lady mentioned a tool she had for opening these pails. I assumed it was something she was giving me but we forgot it in all the loading (ok, the supervising of Alec doing the loading). She left a phone message--she'd send me one if I wanted. It'd just cost $13 plus shipping. Dan said a utility knife would work fine. I don't think my utility knife cost $13. Good night.
We picked out tile and I think we chose the wood floor. We were going between a cherry stain and a lighter natural. We both thought the cherry was prettier but the natural seems more practical. I think I picked a paint color for the entry room. I need to get a sample can to test it. The tile is a terra cotta, which is the color of my dirt here. Dirt color is always a good choice for an entry.
Yesterday was nice because two people called me. Aunt Marie, up in Maine called in the morning between ice storms. Could tell she was a little surprised we'd have another baby. She was very polite but there are just folks who think it is in poor taste to have more than two children. And maybe three for those poor unfortunate souls who get the first two of the same sex. But she really is very nice to us and it was good to talk chickens with her. She is about 70 and cuts her own hayfield with her garden tractor and loads in all in the barn by herself with her pitchfork.
Then our old piano teacher called. She is 20 and just got engaged. Remember those days? Way back when. She was getting married a year from right now, but then they moved it up to July 18. Days after the baby is due. Drat. She flipped out that I was pregnant and was very excited. She asked so many questions about what I was craving and if I threw up much, etc. She told me the only thing she has picked out for the wedding was the colors and her mother didn't like them and wanted her to change. Better watch out mom, that is why folks elope!!
We heard what we think was coyotes in the night, really close. The dogs started flipping out. Freaky.
The VP that had to approve our relocation stuff is at the plant here today to talk to the folks. Dan thinks he met him earlier this morning. He said there was an older guy he didn't know in the bathroom who said good morning to him. While they were using those urinal things. What a nice place to meet. I am waiting to hear if he was just giving a pep talk or there was news to be had.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment