Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cold, Day Two

I feel better than yesterday. I think I took four naps. It seems like nobody every just stays home and rests when they are sick anymore. We just continue to go, go, go. Well, that was far beyond what I could handle yesterday so I just gave up and stayed in bed. I used a neti pot a few times. Those things are great--very weird to use the first few times, though. Alec says he feels better but Ian woke up not feeling well. I will have to try to blast him today and see if he will get over it. They are touring the Bob Jones University Museum tomorrow and I hate to have to cancel.

I am very hoarse, which is distressing, because in past years I have gone for weeks and weeks without getting my voice back. Last time, it was over a month.

They did get the tree decorated yesterday. It was funny to be in bed and hear CRASH!!, CRASH!! I think we are up to six ornaments broken.

Ian wrote Dan's mom a letter last week and mentioned I was pregnant. She got it yesterday, so she knows. There are a few people I haven't told who will find out reading the yearly letter I sent out. I have one friend who has made so many comments about how wrong it is for older women to have kids. It drives me nuts, because she is a Christian. Anyway, I haven't told her and figured maybe she will just read the letter and get the stupid statements out of her system before I talk to her again.

No comments: