We are heading to Irmo, SC later this morning to get my grain. I actually know an elderly lady who lives there but she is on chemo and I am not sure we aren't carrying some nasties amongst us, so we aren't going to see her this time. I don't know if that is a good choice, but it is the one I made.
I was thinking about how far off the wagon we have fallen in terms of healthy eating. Not too long ago we had nothing white in the house. No sugar of any kind, no white flour--actually no flour, we just ground the berries ourselves, no white rices or pastas. The only sweetener we used was our own raw honey. I don't even want to tell you some of the things in my cupboard right now. But, maybe having hundreds of pounds of whole grains in my house will get us back on the right track. It is just so time consuming to cook healthy from scratch. I certainly have the time these days, I just don't have the energy. I am ten weeks pregnant, so maybe that will change in the next month.
Ok, here is one terrible example. I bought some masa harina to make a soup last week. Don't ever look at the ingredients on that stuff. Well, last night I made sopapillas! Do you know what that is? FRIED BREAD. Fried white gross flour. What was a I thinking? Yes, they were good, by the way. I won't tell how many Dan ate.
Dan had to buy one of the tools he needs to do the carpet. Nobody rented it. It wasn't expensive. I think he is picking up the carpet tonight. I am not sure where it is going to sit between now and Saturday. I think we are going to go pick out and order our tile and hardwood for the basement tonight. If I have the energy after driving four hours round trip to get all that grain.
It is about sixty degrees warmer here than at our former home this morning. I'm just saying...
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment