Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Survived the Night

Dan put a heat lamp over Edmund last night. He is still alive. I'll keep giving him my power punch stuff for goats and hope he makes it. He's inside now, so I guess we're committed to this cause.

I had planned to give Dan's mother a photo album from Snapfish but my internet connection is so I think Dan is gong to have to make it on his work computer. That might be funny. Need to get those pictures put together for him.

Adam keeps reminding me we need a Christmas tree. I can't tell you how much I do not want one this year. Just another mess. I am ready to be done with Christmas, anyway. You know how much of the Christmas story is actually in the bible? Well, Jesus was born. That is about it. We're pretty sure he was not born in December. The wise men didn't visit him as a baby. It never says how many wise men there were. Santa is nowhere in it all and in the old Testament it actually warns to not bring trees in the house and decorate them with gold and silver. There is nothing holy about December 25th. It is no holier than any other day of the year. And I have noticed the people who make the biggest deal about Christmas don't tend to be Christian the rest of the year. That is so weird to me. So, bah humbug. If we gave the kids a bunch of gifts on January 10th, that'd be their favorite day of the year. Honestly, even when I am not grumpy and overwhelmed I feel that way about Christmas.

No comments: