Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year's Eve Eve

I typed this whole deep post about balancing protecting our kids and letting them struggle in order to build character. Then I decided it wasn't worth anyone else thinking too hard about so I deleted it. Lucky you.

Got my kitchen and living room cleaned up and gave some hair cuts yesterday. Today is my bedroom. I seriously have never lived in a mess like the mess my bedroom is right now. It is definitely the dumping ground while other rooms are getting fixed up.

And speaking of dumping, I realized I need to have my people bring my grain up into my bedroom today. It is down in my craft room but the craft room is the seed starting room and it has a heater in it but the grain needs to be in a cool, dry place. Hate to break it to my people that they have to haul all those pails up the stairs. I think all the seeds have sprouted except the kiwi and lavender. Dan is going to till the garden again and then I am going to put in the winter wheat.

I have a great salsa recipe I made last night. It is just tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, garlic and a jar of roasted red peppers. It is so good--tastes like sunshine. I think I added too much garlic, though, because I could feel my breath after I ate it. And one short person I have didn't want to sit by me afterwards. But, good...think of all the germs that garlic scared off.

No comments: