Evan asks me that everyday. Ian mentioned he loved Christmas last night. I told him he just liked it because of the presents. He gasped at me--NO! He also liked it because Dad stayed home and there was no school. Adam said he loved it this morning because it is like a second birthday. This might be our last Christmas.
Dan got Alec and Adam out to shop yesterday, so that is two down. They got the chair rail up in Adam's room. Dan and I are still trying to figure out how the basement is going to work out. We realized there is an unnecessary wall to nowhere that we're going to take down. So much to think about.
One thing I have to think about is how I am going to remember to get something to make for potlucks on Sunday. The last two Saturday nights I have scrambled to think up something to take. I am staying home from church, as I still sound really sick. Feel ok, but am hoarse and stuffy. I tend to be stuffy throughout pregnancy anyway. That's how I discovered that neti pot contraption.
The friend I didn't want to tell about the pregnancy sent me an email that she was upset to find out about it through the letter I sent out to everyone. I just wrote her back and reminded her about how many unkind things she had said about women in their 40's having babies and that I really hadn't looked forward to telling her at all. Why am I friends with her, you ask? She is my fun friend. We baked chocolate things and went out for coffee and did crafty things. I met her at church but she has no interest in any talk about faith or anything deep. She is more of a cultural baptist. Might not hear from her for awhile.
My aunt told me once she was a home baptist. I thought that was funny. She said she loved Jesus and read her bible every day but she didn't like church people. Can't blame her. I don't like most of them either.
Tomorrow, we have Alec's ortho appt that I am not missing. Tuesday we are driving an hour or so southeast to pick up about 500 pounds of whole grains. I can't find a decent local source, so I am getting as much as the van can haul. Hard and soft wheat berries, kamut, brown rice and something else I can't remember. Thankfully, they come in pails and not bags.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment