Atlanta is a BIG city. There were places on the highway with seven lanes going in one direction. There aren't many places in Mpls/St Paul with seven lanes going both directions together. We made it through IKEA and barely fit it all in the van. We got desks and chairs for the little boys and a desk chair for Ian. I got Evan an easel that has a chalkboard on one side and dry erase on the other and then you can loop a paper roll through it. We also found a treasure chest toy box and some wall lights that looked like torches. Lets, see, I got a rack for Alec to hang is clothes on in his huge closet and a coat tree for our front entry. I found some benches for the mudroom and coats hooks and shelves to go over them. Oh look at me. Four hours was a little much driving for a trip to one store, but I knew I'd find some helpful things. Oh yes, we also bought a little pop up cat house.
We're going to order carpet tomorrow morning. Dan has to return the outlets he bought because the guy wired the house weird and he needs different ones. Joy. I am going to have Alec paint the chair rail in Adam's room and some other little things. Maybe I'll see if he and Ian can put together some of this furniture. That is the thing about IKEA. You have to put everything together.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment