The VP talked at Dan's work yesterday and then the CEO sent out an email talking about the state of things. He said in 2007 Volvo sold 42,000 trucks. In 2008 they sold 115. His point was things aren't good all around. 3M is a really diverse company, so they tend to do pretty well and they make a lot of medical stuff that is always in need, regardless of the economy.
They make reflector tape that goes on traffic signs. He said the market for that is low because all the state governments are expecting the new president to pay for road costs from federal instead of sharing the cost with the states, so they are holding off buying things. Good grief. Big federal government. That is what we need. Right.
Anyway, the long and short is, considering the economy, 3M is doing pretty well. They are having a salary freeze next year. First one since Dan's been there. CEO said doing that will save 1,000 jobs. Don't know if it is true but it makes it easier to swallow. We can't complain anyway. 3M has been a good company to work for.
OK, that was more 3M info than anyone wanted. I spent the later afternoon and evening in bed, feeling yucky. No, it wasn't the yummy chili dog. I ended up having a milkshake for dinner. That would be one of my weirder days as far as food goes.
Going to visit the midwife next week. Dan picks up the carpet tonight. Two more days and we should have some carpeted bedrooms to work with. It will be so nice to have those three rooms. Right now, they aren't used at all. The little boys play and sleep in our room. Can't say I will miss them in there!
We are going out this morning to buy Dan some ties (his request). I would wait until after school but it seems like I get to feeling worse by afternoon. We will tie up loose ends in school and then take a couple of weeks off.
Got all that? Good. Someone remind me of it when I forget. Because, I will forget.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment