The guys are off to church and I have done some chores and now I am going to tell you what a nerd I am.
We used to live in Rochester, New York. That is where Alec was born. I don't remember one TV station or news person there, except Richard McCullough. He was my weatherman. I loved him. He had a five degree guarantee. If he missed it, they gave $50 to charity. But he rarely missed it. You could actually watch him and know what to expect weather-wise the next day. I loved this weatherman.
When we moved back to the Twin Cities, I would tell people about my great weatherman in Rochester. The TC weather folks will spend 10 minutes telling you what already happened but can hardly ever seem to predict the weather accurately.
Last night, I was watching the news and --- are you ready---there was my guy! He is down in Greenville now. I am a little worried because he was the chief guy up in NY but just has a weekend gig down here. Dan even remembered him.
Well, I sat myself down and wrote him a little fan email this morning. Have you ever in your life thought to send a fan letter to a weatherman??? Nerd, I know. I think the last time I sent a fan letter it was to Shaun Cassidy when I was ten. My mom let me use a piece of her rose scented stationery. I am sure Shaun was very impressed.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment