Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Saga of Kitty Cat


Do you know about Kitty Cat? The only one of my kids whose gets attached to toys is Adam. He has had this stuffed cat for years. He uses her for experiments and sticks her in his k'nex creations. She has been throw in trees and on the roof. Last year I made him this cake of her likeness.
Yesterday Dan had a work lamp up to try to dry the drywall quicker. We suddenly smelled plastic burning--to make a long story short, Adam put Kitty Cat on the light and she melted in a few places. She is definitely polyester based and not made of a natural material. Anyway, her little ball innards started falling out. I managed to sew her up a little (I couldn't believe how appreciative Ad was--he hugged me all night) but she looks pretty funny now. This morning he had her wrapped in tissues he had planned to color over to try to make her look more normal.
Anyhoo, the drywall is going slow. I don't think the painting is going to get done anywhere close to my timeline. That's ok--I do tend to plan more work than we will ever get done in a certain period. I was hoping to get some kids outside today to clean up. There are bricks and blocks scattered all over the yard. We could use them for the floor in the chicken coop or the greenhouse.
I ordered more seeds. I bought annual flower seeds from Burpee and then some specialty things from Seeds of Change. That is a really interesting catalog--they explain things in more detail than most catalogs. Another good one is Johnny's. They have a lot of gardening supplies I have never seen elsewhere. They had a drip irrigation system that looked neat. I think most of the rain comes in the winter here so I'd like to be prepared for the watering we'll need to do.
Ian was so funny this morning. I told him he can't wear shorts if it is colder than 50 in the morning. He kept coming out to check because it was about three degrees shy. He kept looking for things to do to occupy himself until the temp rose high enough and then he got dressed in his beloved shorts. Goof.

No comments: