Sunday, December 7, 2008

Short Days

We don't seem to fit all we need to do in our days. It doesn't help, of course, that I feel yucky and tired. We still haven't planted my garlic. Dan is going to help me but I think it has been two weeks that we have been meaning to without it happening.

There were only 3 1/2 families at church. Lots of illness. There is one family who had three kids and then just adopted three more from Kenya. Good night, those are the cutest little kids ever. One little girl named Ellie and then two boys--Samuel introduced himself to me. The funny thing is they are the best behaved kids I have ever seen in church! They sit like statues and listen. Then there is a family with two older girls. They moved here because they wanted the eldest to go to Bob Jones University but didn't want to just send her. That mom has been really nice to me and gave me her phone number today. My first friend! The other family there today lives closer to us. They have six kids--two sets of twins! Wow.

Gas is $1.49 here. That is $2.50 less per gallon than not too long ago. WOW.

We have a couple of cheap side tables by our bed and Ian just knocked mine over and broke a leg off. I haven't said a word and it is funny to hear the younger three trying to figure out how to fix it. Alec is painting the furniture we bought at IKEA and the chair rail for Adam's room. And I am a blob.

No comments: