Good grief. Dan is out buying a new part for the kitchen sink, as it started leaking today. THAT was not in the plan. He was going to put up the pool and then I was hoping to get him to put up the mirror in our bedroom. And then work on the bathroom wall. But, noooooo, he is out buying plumbing parts. Dude never gets a rest.
Alec cleaned up his rabbit very well and we boiled it all day. They seemed to enjoy the stew--being pregnant, I told Alec I couldn't eat it. Just to be safe. Even is I were just nursing, I would have, but not pregnant. Anyway, we were all very proud of Al.
My pink computer came today. I am typing this on it. I can't convince it I have the correct password for my email, so I need to work on that. I was sitting at the table with both of them going at the same time. You know it is never fun to start up any new electronic device. Actually, when I first was messing with it, my old computer's mouse pad suddenly stopped working--argh. I shut it off a few times and then left it off for awhile and it seems ok. Marg's son might be helping me when he is down here next week. Dan doesn't have time (and hates dorking with computers). The keyboard is a little different, so I keep messing up. Now I need to take in the old laptop to see if they can get the CD holder open (remember, Addie jammed it last week?).
Anyway, I grated the soap I made a few weeks back, melted it down in a pot with water, added some cocoa butter (that is called superfatting) and the split it up in four containers and added different scents. The kids and I made soda pop for our friends' visit next week. This one was so easy--it was just 100% juice blend with some lemon juice added and then the yeast. Will report back on it.
Also worked on the living room walls and general clean up. What a mess my house is. My bedroom is unbelievable--all the bathroom stuff is in there.
As much as I don't want to, I think we are going to IKEA tomorrow. We need to return some chairs and get more and also the pantry for the kitchen. Which means, Dan will be putting together furniture tomorrow night. Poor Dan.
Got an email from my cousin's vacation. "Another beautiful day in Estonia" is how it started. Bet you've never read that in an email! She has been sending almost daily updates and pictures--how fun--beats a postcard (although she generally those also).
Pray my pal Deb's biopsy goes smoothly.
Over and out.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment