Yesterday, I asked the younger kids who was going to be my helper at Lowe's. Genius five year old said, "Sorry, I'm too busy playing a game." Not so bright. I have to work with him more on his work ethic. We were at the van ready to put things in the back. We stood there for five minutes because he said the door handle was too hot for him to open. I would have stood there all day, but he finally accomplished the task.
Watched a documentary on Popcorn Sutton last night. I don't know why I find that guy so interesting. He was a moonshiner in NC (I think--maybe KY). They showed him setting up a still (stil? how do you spell that form of the word?). I realized if my old neighbor in Boyceville aged 30 years, grew his beard long and lost 30 pounds, he would be Popcorn's twin. Popcorn just killed himself a few months back because he was going to jail for moonshining. He was this old hillbilly hick but he was a really smart guy. I like people who work outside the system--not illegally so much, but just outside the normal way folks do things. People who succeed by jumping through hoops don't impress me as much. Anyhoo...
I am in my PJ's still. So glad I was dressed early yesterday because, with no warning, the Lowe's guys brought the new fridge! At 8:00! They were great--brought the old one downstairs and took away the gross one left here by the sellers. I see someone put the magnets on it, but I haven't set it up yet. Will do that this morning.
We got the laundry room back together and Adam is doing his laundry right now, so I guess it is working ok. We have a problem with the spin cycle vibrating half the house so we put a thick pad under it. Hope that helps. Looks nice in there.
That took all night, so tonight Dan will work on the bathroom again. The big boys took the old carpet out of the hall yesterday. That was quite a task. And gross!!
I was working on the floor in the laundry room yesterday and I just started feeling horrible. Had to rest for a while and took a shower--actually was having my first contractions. I was on bedrest with Evan from 32-36 weeks. I am at 35 weeks now and I had to get all freaked out and frustrated to have some contractions. My back was all sore, too. Feels better today. Sometimes our task before us seems doable and sometimes I get overwhelmed.
Adam hit his first goal for the library reading program and was announcing to all that we were going to the library today. He hadn't conferred with me on that, but I suppose we can go. Just like with Bible Bee, I told the little boys I was not reminding them about their reading--it was their job. Evan is two or three days behind Ad because he doesn't care so much about it. Maybe seeing Ad get his first prize will change that. Maybe not. Maybe he doesn't want to jump through the hoops of the system. Or maybe he is lazy. I could go either way.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment