Saturday, June 6, 2009

Funny Preachers

I ran to town because I needed a chicken sandwich. Don't argue with a pregnant woman. On the way, I heard a couple of really funny southern preachers. One of my little peeves is when people use the word "irregardless" instead of "regardless." One guy, in this thick southern accent, came up with his own word, which was "ilregardless." Then he used a sentence that was something like, "You ain't never gonna not give someone the gospel." That's a triple negative. That is hard to pull off.

The other guy was saying something like, "Sometimes I just can't pull it out in words, so I gotta pull it out in song. If you knew my daddy when he was preaching, he was the same way." Then he prayed for the Holy Ghost's guidance and then he started SCREAMING out his sermon. They are screamers down here. Funny preachers.

No comments: