Sunday, June 7, 2009

Baby Shower in a Box

Dan is working on getting the tub in. He is on a run to Home Depot for some parts. It seems to be going ok. As soon as it is in, painting can begin in there. I am going to try to start painting the laundry room, but there is no ventilation, so I might not last long. But, as soon as it is painted, I can put in the floor. Alec is already in his paint clothes and prepared to help. I can't believe we are going to actually get this all done this weekend.

My little pal, Laurie, sent me a baby shower in a box yesterday. She made this really cute little invitation (printed and formal looking) for a baby shower for Lily and then had a box full of gifts. How sweet. Then, I was looking around that blog that had the milk and cookies party and, between those two things, I got to thinking. I was thinking about how nice it will be to be back to a normal life when I can put time into things that are just pretty, but unnecessary. Life is so full of chore, obligation, chore, obligation right now. It is not a good way to live and I am just not willing to continue to do so after we get through this. So there. That is what I think. What do you think?

No comments: