Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Who is Out There? ****

Who is reading my blog in Alabama? I don't know anyone in Alabama. Well, I know one person, but she doesn't know I have a blog. And Crazy Margie's brother lives there. Can't imagine Crazy Margie's brother is reading my blog.

Went to the midwife's. She has a gal who runs OB hospitals in the Dominican Republic staying with her. My midwife does a lot of work training midwives in DR. They both told me how you just can't trust those ultrasounds regarding the sex of the baby because they both knew ONE person who was told an incorrect gender from an US. They are both midwives and together they knew two wrong calls. But, good grief don't trust those things. In fact, my midwife said, almost with glee, "Hate to burst your bubble!" I really wish I could just go in my bedroom and close the door and then come out later with my baby. Professionals drive me batty.

Two people have told me they knew "tons" of people who has incorrect calls. Seriously, tons? My cousin had a wrong call at an army facility. I think that is the only one I have personally known. Have heard about others but I can't even imagine how many people I know, plus friends of friends who have had correct calls. A bajillion, give or take. But, oh, definitely always make sure the pregnant woman knows about the gal you knew who got the wrong call. Really. I am sure she will appreciate it. Seriously, it wouldn't bother me a bit if they were wrong about my baby, but I don't know why people have such a need to make me question it.

And definitely, by the way, if it is a first time mom, tell her the worst labor and delivery stories you know. She will be so very grateful.

Yes, I know you want me to stop talking about the stupid things people say to me as a pregnant woman. Sorry, its my blog and I'll whine if I want to. Maybe I will put an asterisk in the titles of those posts so you can skip them if you want.

No comments: