First thing this morning, I looked out to see Mama Kitty up a tree and Lenny underneath her. That is not going to work. I can't imagine why she wouldn't claw him--maybe he is as dumb about that as he is the BB gun.
This one kid I have broke a record three coffee presses in the last month. Told him he is paying for this one. Let the first one slide. Let the second one slide. Third time is not a charm. I love coffee presses, but I got through them like they are disposable.
Alec put polyurethane on his bed this afternoon and I suppose they can put it all together tomorrow.
I told Dan I think after Alec's room is done we should get to some fencing. I need the dogs to be able to run and I need goats. We actually let Nellie run free this afternoon. She is aways on a leash, a tether or in the kennel. She just will not obey when we call, but we thought she might stick around with her new best friend Lenny. She did fine. But, still, we really need a fence.
That reminds me--remember I told you about the lap-dog packs around here? There are three dogs I see on my way to town. Two jack russel terriers and a basset hound. I hate those dogs--they jump right out in front of me when I drive past them. Anyway, this morning I had to run to the store before church and there was the basset hound dead on the side of the road.
I started my carrots inside today and will be able to put them out in a couple of weeks. I would rather start them inside and have a nice uniform row than the mess I make when I direct seed. Also started some medicinal herbs. I have the onions and artichokes spending their days outside now, so I have some more room.
I had Dan till spots for grapes, artichokes and asparagus. I also had him till a spot far away for a garden for a second type of corn. If you have more than one type of corn, you have to plant them far from each other or they cross pollinate.
The chickens come a week from tomorrow. We still have not cleaned up the coop, so that is obviously on the to-do list for this week.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment