Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pooch Update

Lenny is home and has not stopped barking. We have him on a tether and then in the kennel at night. He is a free roamer, so he doesn't like this at all. We decided to put up fence around on of the goat pastures first so the dogs can move in there. Then Beulah can use the kennel for her pups. I am a little nervous about her delivery since neither of us has gone through a dog delivery before (neither Beulah nor I).

Nellie is downstairs. She was very sore when Dan picked her up and she isn't moving around much. We actually sprung for some pain pills. I always thought you didn't give dogs pain pills because they need to know to be careful and the pain is what tells them that. They said to keep her inside for ten days--we will see how that works out. First time she pees in here she is heading outside.

I think Dan is taking off Friday to work on the brush along the fence line. He needs to rent the post hole digger this weekend because something is going on next weekend and we don't want to be two more weeks out on this.

I have to see the midwife today. Also, the chiro and to the library. We did so little for so long and now we run so much. I am not striking a proper balance.

No comments: