Monday, February 9, 2009

Chickies??? Where Are You??

The chicks weren’t at the post office this morning. They said they might come later this morning. Otherwise it won’t be until tomorrow. They hatch out the chicks and ship them right away. Chicks don’t need to eat the first few days. I sure hope they don’t have to wait another day to get out of their box. You know, I am such a pessimist about the service we get in any situation down here. I did call McMurray to confirm they shipped.

The goat pen is complete, as is the chicken coop.

I finished transplanting seedlings this morning. Here is a list of what I have started:

Herbs: Echinacea, Rosemary, Marjoram, Ephedra, Valerian, Plantain, Peppermint, Lavender, Lemon Bee Balm, Verde Basil, Tarragon, Genovese Basil, Thyme, Oregano, Chamomile, Catnip, Stevia.

Fruit/Veggie/Berry: Papaya, Ground Cherry, Purple Kiwi, St. Valery Carrot, Little Finger Carrot, Atomic Red Carrot, Italian Pepperoncini Pepper, Red Marconi Pepper, Golden Cal Wonder Pepper, Purple Beauty Pepper, Beefsteak Tomato, Purple Russian Tomato, Riesentraube (grape) Tomato, Brandywine Tomato, Purple of Romagna Artichoke, Green Globe Artichoke, Red Creole Onion, Gold Princess Onion, Rhubarb, Cassabanana.

Flowers: Sophia Laurentia, Johnny-Jump-Up, Aster, Forget Me Not, Snapdragon, Scabiosa, Pink Princess Stock, Morning Glory, Balloon Flower, Oriental Poppy, Foxglove, Wave Petunia, Canterbury Bells, Delphinium, Nicotiana, Texas Bluebonnet, Columbine, Arnica, Lupine, Zinnia, Mealy-Cup Sage, South African Pearl Daisy, Verbena, Dotted Mint, Bergamot, Hollyhock, Shasta Daisy, Cosmos, Honest, Love-Lies-Bleeding, Calendula.

Maybe another day I will list what I am direct seeding outside.

No comments: