Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Three Strange Things I Have Purchased Recently

#1--Plantain Seeds. Do you know what plantain is? You probably have it in your yard, unless you spray. It is an herb that draws impurities out of your skin. You use it for bug bites. I have NONE in my yard, so I had to buy seeds to start some. I am sure my neighbor with the perfect yard will love me.

#2--Raw Cacao Beans. We have seen shows about how cocoa is produced, but I saw some raw beans on a site from which I was ordering other weird things and I had to get some. It would be fun to see if we could make our own cocoa (chances are pretty slim).

#3--Dried Sarsaparilla Root. What is sarsaparilla anyway? I want to make our own soda, but I only find artificial mixes to add for the taste, so I decided to buy the dried root and see how that goes.

Talked to a guy today about some young male meat goats he has for sale, cheap. Bucks are a pain to have because they stink terribly, but it would be nice to have our own to breed to milk does. Maybe I can talk Dan into getting three and raise one to eat. Goat meat is gooooood.

No comments: