Oh my gosh, you guys--you will never believe what happened to me today. I ran into someone I knew!! That is the first time since we moved! We had just parked by the art museum and there was the gal from church with whom we went to the upstate museum a few weeks back. We went into the big Greenville library with her and she showed us around it. They have a huge rotating globe and, may I just say, my seven year old impressed her greatly by pointing out various islands and continents to her.
The Art Museum was free and worth every dime. Yuck. Ugly pictures. Many nudes. Really dark, depressing stuff. We hated it and left quickly.
We wandered down the main street of Downtown Greenville. Various sons of mine kept asking why we were just walking. They hate shopping and hate wandering. Good grief. Anyway, we stopped at Target and then went to a feed store right by us that I just discovered. I bought a bag of goat feed, just in case I have goats before too long. I noticed as the guy put the feed in my van the word SWINE was on the bag. It took a bit to convince him he had the wrong bag, but we came home with the appropriate feed.
At the feed store, I found a newsletter for a local goat group. Cool. Going to look into that.
High School people--remember Corena Jackson? She married Tim Dickman, which would make her Corena Dickman now. She sent me an email today, which was a nice surprise. We used to be in touch, but somehow fell out of touch some time back. I was glad to hear from her. She has two sons about the ages of my older two.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment