Friday, February 6, 2009

Down to the Wire

We really need to get this chicken coop ready! Dan got some heat bulbs for the lamps last night and is working on the temperature. In Wisconsin, sometimes the main sorting place over in Eau Claire would call us on the weekend when the chicks came in and we would go over and get them early, so I want to be ready in case that happens here. Of course, down here, who knows how this will pan out.

We still plan to look at these goat bucklings tomorrow. Who knows how many animals we will have by next week.

Went to a homeschool meeting last night. It was nice to meet some gals, but it reminded me of the problem with women's meetings. There are too many women who want to complain about their situation and not ever solve it. We were talking about organizing your school and your home. So many of the women wanted us to all agree you can't homeschool AND have a clean house. I might have agreed you can't homeschool, be really sick and tired AND have a clean house, but we should have been focusing on helping each other with strategies to accomplish the things we need to get done. Anyhoo...

Talked to the gal who gal us the kitten when we moved down. She said one of its siblings got sick, also, so we will blame that one for making our two ill.

I had really wanted the girl dogs to have a litter before I spayed them, but with FOUR dogs now and seeing how few people seem to spay down here, I think I just need to get them taken care of. We don't call that getting fixed in our home, because what we are really doing is breaking them.

Going to call about getting Ian in to the chiropractor today. Hitting the Art Museum in Greenville about 1:00. Field Trip Fridays has been one of my better ideas in a long time. Have been reminded several time we are out of paper towels. Guess we are stopping at Target. Oh, the fun we have.

No comments: