Dan just told me a guy at work asked him if we get asked a lot if we are Catholic! He thought we had a big family. That is funny.
We went to the confederate museum yesterday. There were other visitors there who got the attention of the volunteers, so we just wandered through. They had some pamphlets to take--we just looked at them. One was about why Lincoln was a bad guy and one was about slavery. I didn't even get the point of that one. It said things like there being slaves in the north, also, and that most slave owners only owned one slave. And the point?!?!?!? I heard a volunteer explaining to an English guy from New York that Lincoln invaded a sovereign nation. Whatever, so we went through and took off. It was free. I don't think I'd pay to go through that kind of place.
We went to a town north of Greenville, called Travelers Rest. I had seen a show about a coffee placed there that was owned by people who also owned a coffee plantation in Zimbabwe. There weren't sure how much longer they'd own it because they government is taking land from white people there. The wife is from Chicago and was teaching school in Africa when she met the husband, who grew up on the coffee plantation. By the grace of God, I found the place--I had no idea where it was and just headed there on a whim. I had the best mocha (decaf of course) that I've ever tasted. It was one of those things that is so good you don't even care what is in it.
Bought some coffee for B, who sends me Berres Brothers coffee from Wisconsin. She and her hubby lived here while he went to Bob Jones, so I thought she'd get a kick out of it. She sent me a little mailbox she decorated with chocolate in it for Valentine's Day. She is definitely my gift exchanging friend. I couldn't afford too many friends like that!
Anyhoo, before we went to the museum, we stopped at another furniture store. So glad we did. It was much better than the first one. Better quality stuff. Found a leather set we loved but it was just too much money. I am talking $6,000 for the set. I want to pay about half that. Found another set that was similar to the one we owned in the big Wisconsin house, before we sold it when we moved to the little Wisconsin house. I will go back some time and pick fabric for it. I need to find a bedroom set there, also. I would like to get a contemporary roll top desk to have in our bedroom, too. So much to do.
It is raining right now and the guys are getting ready to go help pack a moving van on the other side of town. I heard Alec is baby sitting tonight and we are going to dinner.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment