Friday, July 17, 2009

You Have GOT to be Kidding

Contractions started soon after noon yesterday. Nice strong ones. Told Dan he didn't need to come home early, but to not dilly dally. Went to the grocery store with him and then just hung out, assuming this was it. About 9:00 or 10:00 last night, they stopped. No, I mean it. I have had that happen before, but not with such serious feeling ones. Well, to say the least, I was bummed. Went to sleep until about 1:00 am, when I woke up for no good reason and couldn't go back to sleep for several hours--with no contractions. Not one.

Dan stayed home. I guess he assumes it will happen soon, so he might as well stay. His plan was to take off two weeks. Alec's birthday will be during that time. It will be nice to have him home. Maybe if he empties all the garage junk out to clean it, then something will happen, causing a big panic. Seems like that is how it works. Or it would at least make a good story. He is going to go geocaching with the boys this morning. Haven't been alone in the house for awhile. I like that.

People were very nice about the pregnant lady picture I posted. Except one. Same one who said I shouldn't tell anyone about the pregnancy before three months because I might miscarry. Same one who said the ultrasound might be wrong and maybe it is a boy. Same one who told me I need to get ready to embrace the pain--likes to focus me on the pain I have ahead. Good gracious, say something positive or shut up.

I am not up for talking on the phone right now. There are only so many ways to say, no, nothing yet, yes, I am impatient, yes I know it will happen eventually, etc.

No comments: