Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hi--Me Again

I might be posting on here four times a day before too long. Not that I have anything exciting to talk about, but I need to pass the time.

At the first homeschool convention I went to, I bought a skunk skin cap for Alec from a Mennonite family. It was so cute and everyone has played with it. Adam goes through phases where he wears it all the time. Well, today, he decided it was time to wash it. Without asking me. He washed it with his dark clothes. Long story short, ruined the cap and six of his shirts have stains from it. How well do you think I handled that? Very, very poorly, you say? Correct!! We are washing the shirts again right now, hoping they come clean.

We went through books downstairs and brought up everything we will need for school this year. When we bought the big table, we moved the small table out of the kitchen, so I have two bookcases and a desk there, instead. All the school stuff and my cook books are in there, now. I might not touch the school books again for awhile, but at least I have them up here.

We have had a time lately with me having to repeat almost everything I say to the boys. Just all of a sudden, it is like I am mumbling and nobody understands me. I sat them all down today and announced it would cost a quarter to not hear me the first time. Either things will improve or my wealth will increase.

The mom of Evan's bowling buddy called today about bringing over some meals. She said she told some older ladies in her church about me and they are making me some meals to freeze. Is that not the sweetest thing ever? They are Lutherans, all retired Midwesterners, remember, not Southerners. I'm just sayin'.

No comments: