Had a nice time with the Hammers last night--they are very nice folks. Their daughter is 2 1/2 and now that Lily is here, she looks so huge! The Fins were supposed to stop over today, but I haven't heard from her yet. Got a bunch of gifts and cards in the mail. It is like Christmas! I need to write thank you notes today.
I got Lil up to eat after dinner last night and I think she stayed up past midnight. We must be getting soft in our old age because we are tolerating it. I think I was up until midnight and then Dan was up for awhile. I got up at 6:00 and then went back to bed with her from about 8:00 until 10:30. Is this boring? Sorry, but it helps me to remember her schedule a little. She is back to sleep again and I would not mind a long nap from her.
Aunt Marie sent a gift and mistook her name for Lily Dell. That made me laugh because I thought, "Wow, I love my computer, but not enough to name a child after it." It does, however, sound better than Lily Gateway. Poor Aunt Marie. It has rained all summer up there and that is depressing her. She is waiting for some test results to come back and thinks she might have cancer. She is really down. Her husband was a lot older than she, so she will have many years as a widow. That must be hard.
Was just watching Alec knock a wasp's nest off the deck. He says that will wake you up faster than a cup of coffee.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment