Saturday, July 4, 2009

July Fourth

Adam just said he thinks maple syrup is going out of business. He came up with this deep thought because he heard that when things aren't readily available, they cost more. Do you buy real maple syrup? We hadn't for some time because we had tapped our own, but I went to buy some and the price was so shocking, I couldn't. And for some reason I just can't buy fake maple syrup.

The flooring is down in the hall and he has most of the trim back up. Not really sure what today will bring. We have some fireworks to set off tonight. There is a kid in the area who lost a hand and needs to have his legs amputated because of a fireworks accident. He and an "adult" (a 21 year old twit) tied a bajillion sparklers together and they exploded. This is obviously sad, but they interviewed a neighbor who came out to help afterwords. He response was, "I can't believe this was all due to a little sparkler. There is no way my son will ever touch a firework." Do I even need to go over why that was a really dumb statement? We watch the news because it gives us so many opportunities to discuss fallacies in logic with our children.

And speaking of crazy people, what is the deal with the gov of Alaska? Did you hear her press conference? It was as strange and rambling as my gov's. I think the Dems are putting something is the Repubs water, because they are starting to lose it.

Giving haircuts this morning (usually do it at night, but by night I don't care if they look like hippies). Also getting on that wonderful treadmill. After that, your guess is as good as mine.

Evan just asked if he didn't need to do chores since it is a holiday. Isn't that precious?

Adam dropped something under the pantry yesterday and found my caramel syrup!! I never would have found it because I do not bend at this point in life. How could it have rolled under there? You bright ones might pick up on the inconsistency that I can't buy fake maple syrup but I can buy fake caramel syrup. Just sayin'.

No comments: