In my wildest dreams, I could not imagine the doc appt going better. Got there and had a non-stress test and an ultrasound to check the fluid level. Every person working there was so darn nice. We met Farrah Tennille Ross. Her dad named her after Farrah Faucett and Captain and Tennille! A child of the 70's. Anyhoo, the midwife did an internal and found Lily's head was pushing my cervix over to the side instead of pushing on it to open it. That is why I had so many hard contractions and got nowhere. If it weren't offsides, she probably would have come this morning.
I was dreading the doctor, but he was as nice as could possibly ever be. Nobody even mentioned our lack of official prenatal care (I had everything to do my own check ups). And he talked to us about our options, including us delivering at home.
We decided to go to the hospital in Easley tomorrow and be induced, unless she comes tonight. The doc moved her over a little--now I am actually having contractions that are almost completely back labor--OUCH! We have to be there at 5:30, so we are scrambling to get things organized here and packed up.
I am totally fine with this decision. I really felt like I physically was at the end of my rope, I guess emotionally, too. Had we not gone into the doc, she'd still have come eventually, I suppose, but I think it would have been a tough road. I was at about three centimeters after all this labor I have dealt with.
Will update after she arrives. I am really not up for talking on the phone right now.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment