Saturday, July 11, 2009

Due Date Eve

Dan came home last night and said, "Ok--let's get that baby out!" He told folks at work if he wasn't in Monday, he'd be gone for two weeks. No pressure.

Threw up in the night, but that was all the action that was seen. Ian told me this morning he thinks that means she will come today. She has been super active yesterday and this morning--she was much more mellow earlier this week.

I was induced with all of the kids except Adam, so I have little experience with the signs of impending labor. The midwife made me walk miles while in labor with Ad--even through transition. I hated her. I am not walking to keep labor going. At some point it will happen regardless of my physical exertion and that is what we are going to wait for. I remember being so tired with Adam. I would have a painful contractions and then my head would just flop forward and I would just about fall asleep for the minutes in between.

I did think I was in labor with Ian at one point. Called mother-in-law to have her come down to stay with Alec and as soon as she was on her way (pre-cell phone days), labor stopped. That is about as huge a bummer as can be. I think I got induced the next day.

Adam just told me at breakfast he doesn't think Lily will come today.

No comments: