That would be me. Surprise. Nothing more to say about that.
We separated the roosters that are going for meat with the roosters and hens that are not getting chopped. Bottom line is we lost a lot of poultry this year. I think we have only seven or eight hens and we had planned to have 25 or so. Not that we need that many, but I wanted that many. Thought about ordering more, but I don't know. I wanted a wider variety of breeds than I have now. I just don't know. Will do nothing for now.
We were looking into finding a butcher to do the deed this year, but not having much luck, so I guess next month we will have to take care of about 17 roosters and turkeys. That isn't much, but all the butchering equipment we used to use was the neighbor's, so we are starting from scratch. Kind of depressed about the animals, although I think one of the younger goats is pregnant. I think.
I think Dan is finishing some touch up stuff in the hall this weekend and then starting to fix the walls in the stairwell. They are very beat up. Still not totally sure of what we will do with the stairs themselves, but we could at least get the walls painted.
We were talking about maybe going to Charleston in the fall. Then we talked about what a limited trip it would have to be because we don't have anyone to take care of the animals. Adam came up with the idea that three of us could go at a time. Now Evan has that idea stuck in his head. I don't think so, kids.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment