Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July First

Have some sunflowers blooming--one of the few things I got growing this year. The men brought in probably eight cups of blueberries last night. We will make a pie today.

The child hereafter know as RSC (reform school candidate) is giving us grief. Honestly, I think most parents would consider his behavior normal and no big deal, but he doesn't have most parents--he has mother-of-high-expectations. Being smart is not always a good thing. It can make them prideful and lazy and that is what I am dealing with.

Poultry got wing clippings last night (with no help from me). Hoping that is the last beast incident for awhile. The chickens are due to start laying eggs anytime now. Won't that be grand?

I actually have three different moms wanting to get together with me before the baby comes. How funny to suddenly be popular after all these months. Problem is, I have no desire to do so until after baby. I just want to stay home and putter around. Told Dan to check his email before he leaves work to see if he has a shopping list. I am just done.

Child #3 is having a fit in his room because he is determined he can't read the word "frost." Alec and I were just laughing at how he and Ian both had those moments. They would have a word I KNEW they could read but they were ready to die trying to not read it. Goodness. Alec actually remembers himself going through that. It is nice to have them older and looking back at teaching moments where they can now understand why you dealt with them in a certain way.

No comments: