Sunday, July 19, 2009

No, I Didn't Wear a Bikini

We actually went somewhere today. We drove about 45 minutes to Lake Keowee and played at the beach for a little bit. We have not done something fun like that for forever. It is a man made lake and had about four inches of sand and then the terra cotta clay right there underneath. We will certainly go back.

When we got home, someone called to have us get our dogs out of his yard. He was 2.5 miles away!! Dan and I are both so frustrated with these dogs, we wold not have minded terribly if they just went on their merry way. Yes, I know that is terrible, but what more do they want? They get attention, as much food as they want and five acres to play on. Irks me.

I have contractions here and there. They are just so hard when they come, they must be for real. Sometimes I can walk and other times I just can't. Told Dan she has to come tonight or tomorrow. That isn't intuition--just having enough changes, it seems like it has to be the case. It just has to.

Adam has broken eggs twice already, so he got demoted off egg collection duty. They are all brown so far. I just read somewhere online that brown eggs are healthier! Made me laugh--the color of the shell doesn't have any effect on the nutritional value--it is just the different breeds of chickens that have different colored shells. My kids think white eggs are really cool.

No comments: