Friday, May 29, 2009

More on Friday

So many weird or funny things seemed to happen today. Maybe not to you, but to me! I just had an argument with Adam about whether there are time-outs in the Quiet Game. He wanted to play the QG with me but within 15 seconds he called time out! As if!! What a goof ball.

Bought a glider rocker at Walmart today. The wood matched my chocolate bedroom furniture EXACTLY. How cool is that? Buying, it however, was not cool. I wanted that and a couple of storage cabinets, so I explained that to a lady in the baby department and asked if she'd get me help. She griped and groaned like you would not believe. She told me she could get the glider on a flat cart but didn't know how I'd get the other furniture out. When I suggested she could just go over with me to put it on the same cart, it was like I was suggesting something crazy. It was something else. Finally, I told her I didn't understand what the problem was--I was a customer and she was getting paid to help me. She just started laughing and then she was as sweet as pie. Couldn't have been nicer. Nuts. Her name was Marge--maybe she was grumpy because she spelled her name wrong, eh Marg?

On the way to the store, Ian and I found a turtle in the road--it was so pretty. Ian got it and we brought it home. It is in a bin with grass, but we'll let it go tonight. I'll post a pic later.

The little boys are going to do summer reading program at the library this summer. We were there this afternoon and talking about it and Adam said he was really nervous about it! Kids are so funny. I told him it would just be he and I sitting on the couch reading.

Someone in Russia read my blog! How cool and international am I?? Actually, my cousin and his wife and daughter and there right now. It is so neat--my cousin-in-law is sending pictures out everyday for us to see. Ian is all nervous that Russia is a dangerous place and they might not let them come home!!

No comments: