Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hot, Hot, Hot

It is 10:45 and 86 degrees. I have the air on and a fan overhead. I no longer do hot.

Dan is putting the flooring down--the problem he is having is the same as in Alec's room. The natural color of wood we picked comes with two very distinct colors in the box--one is a blonde natural and other is very red. In Alec's room, we started putting down both together and it looked terrible. So, we have to buy a bunch of extra boxes so we can pull out all of one color. I suppose we should have switched to a different color but thought they should all be the same down stairs.

Alec is finishing the fence. Dan didn't put in all the screws when he put it up, in order to save time, so Alec is finishing that off. Ian is work on removing the tiles in the mudroom right now. I think Dan is tiling that next weekend. The tile in there right now is the industrial looking stuff you see in schools. Ian took down the stair rail for me yesterday--he did a good job on it. They love getting to use drills. Let's see, I think that is all on the home improvement front.

That cardinal is still stalking me. We finally decided it is because there is a bird feeder on the fig tree and he is trying to tell us to fill 'er up. Well, there is no way I am reinforcing negative behavior, so he will just have to find some food somewhere else.

No comments: