Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I know I am anti-social, but you could not get me traveling this weekend for anything. I want to travel when nobody else is traveling. Not that I have anywhere to go, anyway...

We emptied out the den, except the bookshelves and Dan has started putting down the floor. He is starting with the back wall and when he gets part done, we'll move the bookshelves back onto it and he will finish. I love books, but they are such a pain when it is time to move them.

Got my haircut last night and a pedicure. Aveda salons smell so good--if my house could smell like that, I think we'd all float around serenely all the time. They had small smooth rocks in their bathroom sink--it was cute, but of course I just thought about my people spitting toothpaste out on it.

A hair stylist next to me was telling her client she was pregnant for the first time. She said she didn't care if she had a boy or girl the first time and wouldn't mind having two girls but no way would she want two boys. Had to giggle.

The kittens got moved outside to the playhouse that used to be a chicken coop. The dogs seem to be ok with them. They all have been around kittens but they were never chicken eaters before, so I am a little nervous.

We have bucks getting out of their pen. I thought I had a genius idea of just buying a buckling every spring, letting him mature and breed the girls and then butcher him. Then you would always be getting new bloodlines and wouldn't have to feed a buck all winter. Then I remembered you generally castrate meat animals so the meat doesn't smell like a buck, which is one of your yuckier smells. I am researching it right now.

No comments: