Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Don't Even Know What Day it Is

Oh, kids, this old gal is starting to slow waaay down. In the last week, I have gotten next to nothing done. And as I look at the to-do list for today. I can't imagine getting much of it accomplished. Make shampoo bars? Surely not. Get soil sample and take it into the county extension office? HA!

We need food, so that will obviously have to happen. There is a parent's meeting tonight for the Bible Bee. We have so few obligations, you would laugh at how much whining we have done about having to go to this meeting. The leader wanted to have an ice cream social, but I told her we just wanted to get down to business and get it done (although I said it in a nicer way--really).

Just heard about a baby born on Ian's birthday--his dad is preparing to leave for Iraq at some point, but they let him go home to see his baby born. Apparently, that is a new thing. Can't imagine having a baby without my husband. Aren't babies just about the best thing ever? They just make everyone happy. If babies don't make you happy, you are weird, for sure.

Ian opened the top of his ant farm (it says to do that) and one got out. I can not believe he and Alec actually caught the thing with tweezers and got it back in alive. I would have smushed it.

I need to pick a paint color for my living room. I still haven't figured out what color to paint the boys bathroom. I bought those cool robot pictures when we first moved in. I still don't have a decent shower curtain, I don't love the towels I picked and I can't decide on a color paint. Good grief.

No comments: