Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bunch of Grumps

I have a bunch of grumpy people helping me today. Joy. I taped and edged the primer in the den and Alec is doing the walls. I am waiting for Ian to finish the bathroom floor so I can get in there to paint. I gotta, gotta get the bathroom done today and while I am waiting between coats, I might as well do the den, right? Have all the doors and windows open for air.

Dan has been calling AT&T weekly to bug them to get us DSL. Months of getting the run around. This week we decided we are getting a firm answer or we are cancelling our home phone with them. We already switched cell phone companies because of this. It seems silly to be begging them to let us buy more services from them. They have told us to go to all the neighbors and get them to agree to sign up--like that is our job?? We have had DSL in two areas more rural than we are now, so we know it isn't crazy to expect the availability.

I'll send out an email with my cell phone if he does have it shut off. Of course, the biggest change will be I won't even have dial up at home. I didn't love the wireless card I tried when we first moved here. At least not more than I loved the $60 a month I had to pay to get it. I am going to try just going to the library a few times a week and see if I can live with that. If not, I will get a card from someone other than AT&T. It is so hard to be used to something and then lose it.

No comments: